Eldar Shengelaya, classic of Georgian cinema; Author of great films on which generations have grown up; Honourable Chairman of the jury of our international Internet film festival of short films “Diogenes2020».The plot is focussed on the shooting of his new film!!!
The Suram Fortress (Suramis tsikhe) (Georgian: სურამის ციხე, Russian: Сурамская крепость) is a 1922 Soviet Georgian adventure film directed by Ivan Perestiani, based on Daniel Chonkadze’s novel with the same title.
Durmishkhani, an illegitimate child of a serf woman was brutally taken away from his mother. Lately he meets Vardua, a young maidservant. They fall in love and want to marry. Vardua helps him to go to a business trip to make some money. Durmishkhani meets a rich merchant Osman Aga. After some time Durmishkhani marries other girl and becomes Osman Aga’s heir. Vardua gets to know this all and decides to take revenge.
Eliso is a 1928 Soviet silent adventure film directed by Nikoloz Shengelaia and loosely based on the short story by Alexander Kazbegi. It was made in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic.
It was released in the United States in 1929 by Amkino under the alternative title of Caucasian Love.
The Emperor’s Government is trying to find the pretext to evict the Chechen people from their homes and resettle the area with the Cossacks. The population sends a letter to the Governor asking him to rescind the decision about their deportation. Seidula who is nothing but a crook, makes up a false letter in which the Chechens approve their deportation and then assure illiterate peasants to prove heir consent with their own fingerprints. The beguiled people are being deported to Turkey as a result. Chechen Eliso is in love with Vajia from Khevsureti (Georgia). Before her deportation desperate Eliso puts the empty village on fire. Vajia manages somehow to have the general annul the order of deportation, but it’s already too late.
Director: Nikoloz Shengelaya
Screenplays: Nikoloz Shengelaya, Sergei Tretiakov
Director of Photography: Vladimer Kereselidze
Production Design: Dimitri Shevardnadze
Music: Iona Tuskia
Sound: Rostislav Lapinski, I. Grigoriani
Cast: Kira Andronikashvili (Eliso), Kokhta Karalashvili (Vajia), Aleqsandre Imedashvili (Astamir), Tsetsilia Tsutsunava (Zazubeka), Ilia Mamforia (Seidulla), Aleqsandre (Sandro) Jorjoliani (General), K. Gurianov (Billeting officer), I. Galkin (Village constable), Marika Chmshkyan (Muslimati), Gogi Ratiani, Zaal Terishvili
Kote Mikaberidze Silent Film – My Grandmother (1929).
The soundtrack composed by Natalie Beridze & Nika Machaidze, produced within Artarea’s project “Georgian Film Classics and Contemporary Music”.
The first Georgian full-length documentary follows the trip of the “king of Georgian poetry”, Akaki Tsereteli, to Racha and Lechkhumi, and his relationships with the people living in the mountainous areas of Western Georgia.
Georgian feature film, Christine. At the same time, Germane Gogitidze emerged as the firstever Georgian film producer.
Qristine, young daughter of a poor farmer becomes a victim of sexually frustrated nobleman Iason Uqmadze. He seduces girl and leaves her. Qristine becomes pregnant and gets a child. Unhappy girl can’t live any more in small village where everyone blames only her. She leaves her child and goes to the city.
Tbilisi 2nd International Short Film Internet Festival “Diogenes 2021”
This year’s festival slogan is: “The long word is briefly pronounced”At this stage, more than 300 applications have been received for participation in the festival competition (fiction, documentary, video art / animation, experimental) from 30 seconds to 15.00 minutes.Visit our website www. diogenesfest.com, register and send us your film to participate in the competition. Below is a map showing the countries from which applications have been submitted for the Diogenes 2021 competition.
Tbilisi short films 2th international internet festival “Diogenes 2021”
The slogan of this year’s festival “Long word is said briefly“.
- Those interested in participation in the festival shall be registered for the official website of the festival and must fill the application form.
- The duration of the film should be between 30 seconds and 15 minutes.
- The film must be accompanied by subtitles in English – to ensure that the text of the author / dictator or the dialogues of the heroes are understandable for international jury representatives.
- The following information should be accompanied by the following information:
- 2 photos of the author(s),
- 2 photos of the author(s),
- 2 photos (1200 dpi resolution),
- contact details,
- country and
- 3 photocades in the Competitive Film (1200 DPI Resolution).
- The theme is free, but there are some restrictions (not violence, not terrorism, not separatism, not religious and ethnic intolerance).
- One author will present no more than two movies.
- All genres are acceptable except for boring.
- The image should appear and the voice should be heard.
- Diogenes2021 Due to the online format, the authors must provide the film link and passwords from the official internet platforms of the festival
- The film should be shot in 2020 -2021.