International Short Film Internet Festival
“The long word is briefly pronounced”
The Tbilisi City Hall, Georgian Chamber of culture, Georgian Film Academy, and media company “Diogenes 2020” are organizing the 2nd Tbilisi Short Film International Festival “Diogenes 2021”, which will be traditionally held online.
This year’s festival slogan is: “The long word is briefly pronounced”
The official website of the festival is: https://diogenesfest.com
The official page of the festival on Facebook is: DiogenesGeorgia
Films will be accepted through November 20, 2021. The presented films will be selected by a commission composed of professionals and the best works are handed over to a competent international jury. The links to these films will be posted on the official websites of the festival, – this way it will be possible to get acquainted with them.
Films participating in the competition must be presented in any digital format (including vertical format, i.e. movies shot with smartphones held vertically).
The official events of the festival will be held from November 30 to December 10, 2021
The winning films will be nominated by genres – feature, documentary, video art/animation, experimental. There will also be an audience sympathy prize.
Winners, or their representatives, will be awarded prizes and diplomas in public during the festival’s closing ceremony on December 15, 2021 (partly in an online format).
1. The participants should register online on the official website of the festival and fill out the application form.
2. The duration of the film should be from 30 seconds up to 15.00 minutes.
3. The film should be accompanied by subtitles in English.
4. The presented films should be accompanied by the following information: author(s) surname, name, author(s) 2 photos (1200 dpi each), a short biography of the author (s) (maximum 30 words), contact details, country and 3 stills from the Contest film (1200 dpi each) – this data will be published in the Festival Catalogue.
5. The theme is free (no violence, no terrorism, no separatism, no religious or ethnic intolerance).
6. One author can present no more than two films.
7. All genres are acceptable except boring.
8. The image must be visible and the voice must be heard.
9. Due to the online format of Diogenes2021, authors must provide the organizers with links to their films and passwords for their further public display on the official Internet platforms of the festival.
10. The film is to be shot in 2020 -2021.
11. Participation fee is 5 $US or 4 €.
If additional questions arise, please contact us on the site
On the festival's official Facebook page: DiogenesGeorgia
Or contact us by phones:
+995 551 23 09 62 – in English
+995 595 55 94 99 – in Georgian