Topic: Tbilisi International Short Film Festival “Diogene 2023”
Koba Tskhakaya, founder of the festival, film director, actor and screenwriter
Vazha Zubashvili, film director, associate professor, member of the Georgian Film Academy, member of the main jury of the “Diogene” festival
Manana Lekborashvili, film expert, film critic, doctor of art studies, associate professor
**4th Tbilisi International of Short Films Internet Film Festival “Diogene 2023” Competitive and non-competitive films The show will be held **
**on November 20-21 at 18:00 **
**Award ceremony of the winning films and at the closing ceremony of the festival It will be held **
on November 25 at 20.00 in the blue hall of the Georgian Film Academy.
** Attendance is free **
**Kakabadze Brothers 2. **
**(near Rustaveli Metro) **
Tel: 032 299 60 13
“Unanimity” of the Patriarchate TV
The members of the student jury of the 4th Tbilisi International Internet Film Festival of Short Films “Diogene 2023” – Lile Samushia, Tamta Dsanaia and Koba Tskhakaia.
Guest of “Intellectual Tuesday” is Tbilisi 4th International Internet Festival of Short Films “Diogenes 2023”
Host: Nikoloz Tsulukidze
Guests: Tamar Tevzadze (member of the student jury; master’s student of Ilia University) and Koba Tshkakaya (founder of the festival)
Interview with Tamta Kvaratskhelia on the “Palette of the week”
Topic: “4th Tbilisi International Internet Festival of Short Films Diogene 2023“
Host: Tamta Kvaratskhelia
Guest: Koba Tskhakaya, director of the festival
4th of Tbilisi short films International Internet Festival “Diogene 2023” Films will be accepted until October 15th.
SELECTED FILMS WILL BE SHOWN ON THE BIG SCREEN IN THE SECOND HALF OF NOVEMBER. GO TO THIS LINK, FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM AND SUBMIT YOUR FILM FOR THE COMPETITION
We offer posters for non-competition films of our festival
The student jury was fully formed, including foreign (Ukrainian) students. This group will be curated by Ms. Manana Lekborashvili.
Yesterday, 18.06.2023, a meeting of the founders took place, where Mr. Ioseb Mchedlishvili, film dramatist and producer, was elected as the director of the 4th Tbilisi International Internet Short Film Festival “Diogene 2023” for a period of 3 (three) years.
The director of the 4th Tbilisi International Internet Festival of Short Films will lead the general strategy of the festival, its organizational and creative work.
The founders’ meeting wishes Mr. Ioseb Mchedlishvili success and progress in his new position as the director of the festival.
Ioseb (Soso) Mchedlishvili – Georgian film playwright and writer.
· 1997 University of Bourgogne (France). Diploma in Cultural Policy and Arts Management with International Cooperation. Diploma work: “Comparative analysis of content and audience interest-attendance of ARTE TV channel’s “themed evenings” in France and Germany.”
· 1986 – “Vgik” Union of Cinematography. Institute, Moscow. (Russia). Diploma in film dramaturgy. Specialty: film and television associate; Cinematographer.
· 1975 Tbilisi State University. Diploma in Physics. Specialization: theoretical physics.
1996-1997 in the field of cultural policy – in the joint Formation Internationale Culture of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Culture, the French Commission of UNESCO. Paris, France),.
· 1997 ARTE, French-German TV channel; Internship in the editorial office of the thematic program “Thema”. Strasbourg (France).
· 1979-1981 Internship in the Science Forecasting Department of the USSR Academy of Sciences. In the Central Institute of Economic Mathematics of the Academy (ЦЭМИ АН СССР) Moscow.
· 1992- to date: lecturer in dramaturgy; Ilia Chavchavadze house Higher Professional School of Media, Television Arts and Advertising of the University, Tbilisi.
· 1996-1997 representative of the Georgian Scouts Organization in Western Europe.
· 1991-1993 lecturer in film dramaturgy, Academy of Arts, Tbilisi.
· 1989-1992 Lecturer in film dramaturgy, Tbilisi Theater and Cinema Department. Institute.
· 1987-1992 lecturer in film dramaturgy, Tbilisi University.
· 2002-2004 President of the registered union “Physical Georgia”.
· 2020 Tbilisi International Internet Short Film Festival “Diogenes” co-founder
Realized scripts and films
1982 “Chronicle of one day” – documentary; Co-author and director of the script. Television studio in Komsomolsk-Amur (Russia).
· 1985 “Galia” – short feature film; Moscow. Script
· 1990 “Temo Japaridze: Prayers” – documentary; Tbilisi. “Saktelefilm”. Script
· 1991 Author and co-director of the official advertising clips of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Georgia on the referendum to restore the state independence of Georgia.
· Author and co-director of Zviad Gamsakhurdia’s advertising clip during the presidential elections in Georgia in 1991.
· 1993 “Hostages of Fate” – documentary; Tbilisi. “Saktelefilm”. screenwriter and co-director;
· 1999-2000 “The Night of Small Stars” – TV series. “Satellite Radio”. (Co-authors of the script: Aleksandre (Dato) Kokrashvili, Mikho Mosulishvili, Andro Enukidze, Koba Tskhakaia; Directors: Andro Enukidze, Koba Tskhakaia;
· 2002 “Opera” – television series commissioned by the Ministry of Internal Affairs; Co-author of the project and script, producer.
· 1999 “Carnivalade, i.e. the smile of power’s fall”
· 2000 “Behind the open door”
· 2001 “At the time of sadness, in heaven”
· 2002 “On the Zone” co-authored with Koba Tskhakaya;
· 2004 “Museum Guard”
· 2006 Theatrical play “Museum Guard” was awarded the jury’s special prize in the “Museum Theater” competition held by the literary portal “Litkonkurs”.
· 2006 The short story “Intermezzo” (in Russian) was awarded a prize in the literary competition organized by “Senator” magazine (Russia), dedicated to the 60th anniversary of the end of the Patriotic War.
· 2002 The TV series project “Burdo” was awarded the first prize in the competition held by the TV channel “9th Channel” (Tbilisi).
· 1998 The script of the feature film “Fields of Elysees” (in Georgian) was awarded a prize in the competition organized by “Adam and Eve” studio (Tbilisi).
· 1997 The script of the feature film “Fields of Elysees” (in Russian) was awarded a prize in the competition organized by “Kinoscenarii” magazine (Moscow).
· 1984 The script of the feature film “My Friend Samson” (in Russian) was awarded a prize in the competition organized by the Central Screen Studio (Moscow).
· 1998 “Comedy in dramaturgy” – the first Georgian auxiliary guide to dramaturgy (in Georgian) published by “Necker”, 1998. Tbilisi.
· 2002, 2006 theater play “Zona”; Co-authored with Koba Tskhakaya, publishing house “Saari”, 2002, 2006. Literary prize “Saba” nominee 2003
· The novel “The Baghdadi thieves” co-authored with Koba Tskhakaya (pseudonym “Papuna Udel”).
He has been cooperating with various Georgian and Russian-language magazines and newspapers for years. He is the author and co-author of many projects in the field of culture and cultural policy.
Georgian, Russian (bilingual), French, English, German.
4th Tbilisi International Short Film Festival
On December 21, St. In Bucharest, the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Georgia, Mrs. Tamar Beruchashvili, presented the prize established by the Georgian Film Academy to the winner of the Tbilisi International Animation Festival (TIAF) in the nomination – “Best Student Film” – Maria Skutaru.
Maria Scutaru lives in the Romanian city of Iasi, which is twinned with Kutai – since 2019. The conversation touched on the importance of expanding Georgian-Romanian cultural ties. The ambassador, Ms. Tamar Beruchashvili, invited Maria Skutaru to Georgia to participate in the upcoming festival and wished her success in her future activities.
Closing and award ceremony of the Tbilisi International Internet Film Festival of Short Films “Diogene 2022” – Sunday, November 27, 19.00
Come to the closing and award ceremony of the Tbilisi International Internet Short Film Festival “Diogenes 2022” on November 27 at 19.00. in the Blue Hall of the Georgian Film Academy
(Ms. Brothers Kakabadzeeb -2, near the Rustaveli metro station, opposite McDonald’s);
What is the basis of our – Tbilisi International Internet Film Festival of short films “Diogenes”?
The idea of creating the Diogenes Film Festival is based on three main theses:
1. “A short word is a long word” (that’s why there is a short film competition)
2. “It’s not the audience that comes to us, but we go to the audience” (that’s why the original format of the festival is the Internet)
3. “Nature is blessed by the Spirit of the sky, and we, people, are given the weight of the world, where there are countless colors and shades,” so our festival includes four main and different genres in cinema. We also welcome innovations, everything new in cinema, and with great interest we consider and accept vertical format works (filmed and edited on a mobile phone) in the main competition.
How is our festival different from other festivals?
1. The festival is held in the Internet format, which has no analogues in the region and is the only one in the Caucasus and the Black Sea region.
2. There are two juries at the festival: The main jury, which includes Georgian and foreign highly professional film artists, as well as the winners of the Chen Festival of past years. Student jury – which includes students from our higher education institutions.
It should be noted that the jury, consisting of students, which evaluates films created by professionals, and not by students and youth, has no analogues in our region and beyond.
For our festival, this is a “vision of the present by the future generation”, that is, an assessment of the processes that take place without their (youth) “active” participation in the art of cinema, but which are the forerunner of the development and popularization of this direction of creativity.
Yes, our goal is “To involve more young people in the direct construction, management and development of our Diogenes festival.
Such activity of young people in making decisions of the jury and influencing the results of the festival increases their motivation for realization in their professions and gives the festival a more interesting and important format – it becomes not only informative and entertaining, but also educational, where love for cinema unites young people who are busy different professions.
All this helps not only to promote Georgian culture and Georgian cinema, but also to present and advertise Georgian and foreign products on the world market.
Film professionals, film lovers and film lovers – we invite you to the closing and award ceremony of the Tbilisi International Short Film Festival “Diogenes 2022” on November 27 at 19.00. in the blue hall of the Georgian Film Academy and share the unique feeling of film victories together.
We will broadcast the awards live on our Facebook page.Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/httpsdiogenesfest.comfbclidiwar1kgdxhtelfqw